Why is WordPress chosen by businesses for content marketing?
Most companies that decide to start a blog choose WordPress to host it. Why? The popular blogging platform provides many benefits when it comes to developing content marketing strategies. What are the latest figures regarding WordPress?
Yoast.com recently published an infographic showing the key figures regarding WordPress usage. They make for remarkable reading:
- At the end of 2017, 20 to 25% of all new published sites were created using a WordPress platform
- In March 2017, WordPress accounted for 72.4 million different websites
- 48% of the top 100 blogs on the internet ranked by Technorati do use WordPress as their CMS
- Popular sites such as Honda, the New York Times, Ford, CNN or NASA are built using WordPress
- It is the 18th most popular website in the UK (and the 8th in Indonesia!)
- 22 of every 100 new domains created in the US right now are WordPress
- WordPress is officially translated into up to 40 different languages
- Everyday up to 500,000 new post are loaded in WordPress
- In terms of content management systems, WordPress absorbs up to 53.8% of the market share, Joomla 9.2%, Drupal 6.7%
- There are more than 285,000,000 free plugins currently available for WordPress users
Creating a new blog using WordPress is very easy, free and can have great results in terms of SEO if you implement the right content marketing techniques.
Writing quality content is essential. And if you include pictures, videos, different colours and different types of content, and link your pages internally and externally, you will soon see your success reflected in Google.
Find out more about WordPress in this article:
We research, we create, we engage?
Working with the UK’s top brands and businesses, at Blighty SEO we provide bespoke, tailored editorial and video content to increase web presence, search engine rankings and social engagement.
’80% of 18 to 24 year-olds choose natural search results as trusted.’ Source: Tamar 2017 Search Attitudes Report